Right now, you must have been thinking that people driving without their own insurance must be punished. However, did it ever crossed your mind that you could be one of these people? That you’re driving uninsured and you don’t have any idea about it.
Well, there are many reasons behind it, and your car insurance will not pay out. Here are some of the things that you need to know, right now:
1. Your car is upgraded – make sure that you take the time notifying your insurer once you upgrade your car. Otherwise, your car insurance will be invalid. This doesn’t only apply to the apparent things, such as increasing the size of your car’s engine, as it could also apply to many simple things related to your car.
2. You just let your dog loose inside your car – if you let your dog romp around within your car, it could surely distract you from driving. If you have an accident, your dog can be the one to be blamed and you will never get any money from your insurer.
3. You have arrears – you need to make sure that all of your installments for your car are updated because an outstanding payment will somehow invalidate your car insurance, even if you kept your payments since the one that you missed.
4. Let your MOT expire – whenever you forgot to take your car for the MOT, then it might mean that you’re not anymore insured. The insurers will also view a lack of valid MOT as being an indication that your car is not anymore roadworthy, and that it will contravene the terms of your car policy.
5. Leaving your cars in your car – if you happen to be one of those people who always forget the keys in the ignition of your car, or that you leave your keys unattended, you’ll be uninsured. So, if you want to pop back indoor when you forgot something, you must always take your car keys with you.
6. Sharing your car – whenever you're taking your friends to work using your car, you must be very careful, as your insurance company doesn’t take that as an indication that you’re running a taxi service. In case you start making money out of car sharing, chances are, you’re invalidating your car insurance.
7. Undisclosing driving history – in case you add a named driver to your insurance policy, you must disclose every detail of any accidents that they’ve had in the past. Failure to tell your insurance company regarding the history of a named driver could surely mean that you’re not insured to drive your car.
If you want to keep your insurance working for you, it would always be best for you to aware of these rules that can cause the invalidation of your car insurance./scenarios-that-causes-the-invalidation-of-your-car-insurance//wp-content/uploads/2015/10/auto.jpg/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/auto-150x150.jpgCar Insurance